Monday, October 28, 2024

Western Adventure #24: Travel Day to Glacier National Park

Day 24–8/26/2024

It’s another travel day. I guess I’ve gotten out of my morning walk routine. Today we will make it to Glacier National Park. Oh, and we are in the lead. I checked the route with Laurie and every time we had a turn. We had a beautiful drive up the east side of Flathead Lake. What gorgeous clear blue water! Here are some pictures.





        The first two pictures are some my friend, Laurie, took. It's a very beautiful lake.

We arrived at Bear Grass Lodge and RV Resort in the afternoon. There we were. All lined up in a row. One of each of our families went in to check in. Vince and I are odd people out because we’re going to Apgar for a couple of nights. But we all got the schpill so the owner didn’t have to say it four times.


My impression of this campground? Too tight. We’re on grass, and the sites are not clearly marked. The staff is friendly and helpful as we planned our days. There is highway traffic too close to our campsite. I don’t like it much. The laundry is okay. It’s really too small. There are only two washers and two dryers. But the grounds are well-kept. I would give it 4 stars.


We settled in for the next few nights. We had dinner in our camper while the rest of the group went to eat out. After dinner, we went into the park as far as Apgar. We looked in the shops. We drove by our campsite to check to see if it will be possible to get into. We think so. We are looking forward to staying in the park in a few days.



There's a story about this picture. We came into the park in the evening at about 7:30 pm. There was no one at the park sign, so we decided to go ahead and get our picture. As we were trying to figure out how we were going to do that, another car parked behind us. They have ties to Mississippi State which is the tag we have on our Jeep. We got acquainted a little bit, and they took our picture. We also took their picture. Do you see what I mean about meeting people along the way? They were very nice people, and we enjoyed getting to know them a little bit. If we ever do this again, there are several things I would do differently. I would get to know their names. I would give them a small gift like a prayer pocket or a token. If we really hit it off, I would ask to be friends on Facebook and follow them on Instagram.



                                                    This is at Apgar Visitor Center.
 
Lake McDonald is so clear!

Unusual cloud formation

                            Panorama of the Lake McDonald Marina at Apgar Village.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Western Adventure #61, #62, & #63: Mississippi and Home...Until Next Time

Day 61–10/2/2024 It's time to travel to Starkville. We ate breakfast and got on the road by 8:30. We were back on I40 toward Memphis.  W...