Wednesday, November 27, 2024

Western Adventure #55: Poudre Trail

Day 55-9/26/2024

This day was Linette’s birthday. She's my cousin, and the one person who is as close as a sister to me. We almost share the same birthday just as we shared the same grandparents. I love her bunches.




This morning the geese were hanging around our shoreline as I got ready for my walk. I walked along the path to the cabins and up to the visitor center. I read some interpretive signs about the reservoir. I walked back by way of the full-hookup sites. When I got back, I had to walk around the camper a few times to get in my 30 minutes.













I made tuna salad and peanut butter Rice Krispie treats. But then I had a pile of dirty dishes to wash. Worth it.


We went to the Poudre Trail to ride bikes. We enjoyed that bike trail so much. We never get to ride on anything like this on the Coast. There’s just so little green space to ride safely like that. It’s impressive. We rode probably about 10 or so miles, all told. 



I took this picture when we stopped to rest on our bike ride. I was hoping to get the bee on the flower, but he flew right as I took the picture.



I took this picture back at our campsite. These campers brought their sailboat and enjoyed sailing on the reservoir. 



We loaded up, and I showed Vince where Anna Marie first lived when she moved to Fort Collins. We rewarded ourselves with Chick-fil-A shakes.  


Tomorrow, we bid farewell to Fort Collins and Horsetooth Reservoir. We're starting our trek homeward by way of Kansas, Oklahoma, and Arkansas.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Western Adventure #61, #62, & #63: Mississippi and Home...Until Next Time

Day 61–10/2/2024 It's time to travel to Starkville. We ate breakfast and got on the road by 8:30. We were back on I40 toward Memphis.  W...