Day 15 -8/17/2024
This morning, we all got in our vehicles and drove into Custer State Park, hoping to see some wildlife on the Wildlife Loop Road. We mostly saw bison. Don't worry. We took these close up photos from the vehicle.
After that, we went to Sylvan Lake to hike around the lake. While we were hiking, we got a little separated from the Crafts and the Roths. We were with the Buskirks, and it was so refreshing to enjoy their company. We met a woman who was about to hike the Sunday Gulch trail. She said there were some hard parts and that she had some arthritis in her knees, but she wasn’t going to let that stop her. Vince and I thought we might like to do that trail as well.
After the hike, we went to a restaurant in Custer so the rest of the group could eat late breakfast at about 10:00. Vince and I split a breakfast burrito because we had already eaten breakfast. That ended up being an early lunch for us. We were too full to eat at lunch. These people have weird eating schedules!
We went back to the lake to drive the Needles Highway. I would’ve liked to have stopped to take more pictures, but our driver didn’t stop very much. So I mostly took pictures out of my window.
We chilled at the campground for the rest of the day, doing chores and laundry.
PS: One of the things we didn't get to do in the Black Hills was to drive the Iron Mountain Road. Vince and I have done it before, but I really wanted to do it again because it's so unique. Unfortunately, it was too far to drive. Plus we ran out of time. So next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment