Day 4 -8/6/2024
I took a walk around the campground this morning. If it's a large enough campground, and it's not raining, this is my usual routine. Later, Vince and I will head into Hot Springs to wander through Bathhouse Row.
We took a picture by the Hot Springs National Park sign and wandered over to the Fordyce Bathhouse for more information about the area. We are taking the 10:00 tour with the ranger. But we had some time to kill. So we went to the gift shop and looked around. Vince got our Passport stamped. I bought his hiking medallion and a magnet. We wandered around Bathhouse Row taking pictures of the bathhouses. Then we went on the very interesting and very full tour. There was a large family reunion group on this tour, so the ranger had to make accommodations for us. The interesting thing was that the men's side of the bathhouse was very elaborate while the women's side was pretty plain. Nothing fancy. You'd think it'd be the opposite.
The tour was mostly on the first floor of Fordyce. We could go to the second and third floors, and even the basement of the bathhouse. The third floor was the best! I saw a grand piano in the parlor. The parlor had very beautiful mosaic tile floors. We found the gymnasium. I took a video of it for Christi Bartels and sent it to her. She loved it. All very interesting.
After a full day of exploring Hot Springs Bathhouse Row, we came back to Faye, had dinner, and sat around the Roths' campsite visiting.












No comments:
Post a Comment