Saturday, November 9, 2024

Western Adventure #37: Saying Goodbye to Glacier

Day 37–9/8/2024

Today is our last day in Glacier, and I wasn’t about to miss a thing. I was feeling some better after my bout with whatever it was. I’m going to call it a cold. I needed to exchange my shirt that I’d bought up at Logan’s Pass. In my haste to buy it, I’d accidentally bought a size small, and I needed a size medium. Vince and I went into the park. I had a pass for the park so we can get up the Sun Road. Our first stop was Apgar Visitor Center for me to exchange that shirt. I was able to do so successfully. I just explained to the cashier that I had accidentally gotten the wrong size and asked if I could exchange it. She said yes. She held onto my shirt I’d bought until I came back to her register with the size medium I needed. She made the exchange, and I was done.


We then went to the place where we were to go up the Sun Road. As we were going through the check point, we found out from the ranger that this was the last day for Sun Road passes. After today, they weren't issuing them anymore. The season is winding down. 


We made our way up to Lake McDonald Lodge again. We just really liked that place. We got a parking place pretty easily and started looking for a shirt for Vince. We went to the gift shop in the Lodge first. Then we went down to the Camp Store. They are pretty proud of their shirts at the Camp Store. So we went back to the Lodge gift shop and bought the short sleeved t-shirt that caught Vince’s eye first. 


We went home and prepared for our long drive tomorrow. 


PS: We didn't take any pictures on this day. We didn't see any wildlife. All the places we've been we had already taken pictures of. So that's why there are no pictures. Tomorrow, they'll be lots of pictures and just a few words.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Western Adventure #61, #62, & #63: Mississippi and Home...Until Next Time

Day 61–10/2/2024 It's time to travel to Starkville. We ate breakfast and got on the road by 8:30. We were back on I40 toward Memphis.  W...