Friday, November 15, 2024

Western Adventure #43: The Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone

Day 43–9/14/2024

We decided to get away for a bit and go up to Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone. 



On our way to Canyon, we went through Hayden Valley. The bison were very active today! We got in a couple of bison jams. It was fun to see the bison sort of up close and personal at first. But it got a little old after awhile. Vince and I decided that if we didn’t see another bison, we’d be okay. 😂 It's probably why I don't have any pictures of bison for this day. 😜 🦬


The Grand Canyon of the Yellowstone with its majestic Upper and Lower Falls are amazing. Since Vince was sick, and I was getting over the crud, we didn’t do any hiking. We found out that our favorite hike, Uncle Tom’s Trail, is closed permanently. It was quite a strenuous hike with its many stairs. But it was such a great view of the falls when one got down there. Here's a picture of part of the trail that I got off the internet.




Since we couldn’t do the hikes, we stopped at the overlooks and took pictures.









                                 A video of the view from the top of the Lower Falls ⬆️












                                                    These falls are pure majesty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Western Adventure #61, #62, & #63: Mississippi and Home...Until Next Time

Day 61–10/2/2024 It's time to travel to Starkville. We ate breakfast and got on the road by 8:30. We were back on I40 toward Memphis.  W...