Saturday, November 16, 2024

Western Adventure #44: The Last Full Day in Yellowstone

Day 44–9/15/2024

We watched CrossPoint North, Nathan's church in Starkville, because our livestream wasn’t working. I finished the baby blanket this morning and took a picture to send to the group and the family. 



We had a hot lunch and packed sandwiches for supper. We made our way to Tower and Lamar Valley.


We had a bison jam on our way to Tower, as usual. So tired of bison. We finally made it to Tower. We got a shady parking spot, but we had to walk quite a way to get to the store. And then, we had to walk the path to the falls.


Tower Falls was very crowded. There were two bus loads of people gawking at the falls. So we had to wait our turn to see them. They are very beautiful. I took some pictures with Anna Marie’s camera. Vince took some with his phone. 






We walked through the gift shop but didn’t buy anything since I already had a magnet and didn’t need a high-dollar tshirt. I was tempted to buy an onion to see if it would help Vince’s cold.


After Tower, we decided to go part of the way in Lamar Valley to see what wildlife we could see. 




Only bison. So we turned around and headed toward Mammoth to see if we could see some elk. We parked in the same visitor center parking lot. I called Mom because we had a good cell signal there. While I was talking to her, we finally saw a bull elk wandering the streets of Mammoth. He was really big. He had those rangers hopping, trying to keep people from getting too close to him. We had to move to another parking spot since the rangers were closing the parking lot. I finished my conversation with Mom in another parking spot. We ate in the Jeep, then decided to go home the same route that we came. 












On our way back to Tower, we saw a herd of pronghorn antelope. We got some good pictures of them. 







We also stopped at the side of the road because there were several people parked there. We've learned that when a lot of people have gathered on the side of the road, there is sure to be some kind of critter about. We spotted an osprey nest, but it was empty. 







We then headed to Canyon, and then home to the RV. Tomorrow we travel, but not too far.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Western Adventure #61, #62, & #63: Mississippi and Home...Until Next Time

Day 61–10/2/2024 It's time to travel to Starkville. We ate breakfast and got on the road by 8:30. We were back on I40 toward Memphis.  W...