Sunday, November 24, 2024

Western Adventure #52: The Aspen Glow in the Sierra Madré Mountains

Day 52–9/23/2024

Vince and I went for a walk in the campground this morning. It’s a small campground, so it didn’t take long. It took several laps around the campground to get thirty minutes of walking in.


After lunch, we all loaded up and went on a drive to the Sierra Madré Mountains. We were hoping to see wildlife. But we didn't. Instead, we saw some beautiful aspen groves. We took lots of pictures of the aspen. However, we didn’t get to go as far as Vince and I wanted to go. And we almost didn’t get to stop at any place to see the scenery. Vince finally convinced our driver to stop at the Thomas Edison Memorial.  It was beautiful. Our driver was ready to go home. He had been fishing that morning, so I imagine he was tired. Consequently, Vince and I didn’t get to see all we wanted to see in that part of Medicine Bow. Here are some of the aspen pictures we took in the Sierra Madré Mountains.



























No comments:

Post a Comment

Western Adventure #61, #62, & #63: Mississippi and Home...Until Next Time

Day 61–10/2/2024 It's time to travel to Starkville. We ate breakfast and got on the road by 8:30. We were back on I40 toward Memphis.  W...